After a devastating fire on Father's Day 2015, Nelson Bay Golf Club undertook a $10million project of rebuilding the current Club. We commissioned EJE Architects, Club Projects builders and Coffey as our project managers. The Club re-opened on 3rd August 2017. This purpose-built building is just beautiful. EJE Architects were able to create specific areas to the various demographics of people who walk through our doors with:
- Indoor outdoor full gaming facilities
- A U-Shape bar to service 3 rooms
- A main lounge for our golfers with kiosks for golf scores, monitors, fireplace dividing the lounge from the restuarant with 180 degree views over the course and national park
- Bluewater Grill restaurant with children's room for families
- The kitchen is located in the middle of the Club to service the new cafe area, restaurant and function room efficiently.
- The function room has been able to be built in a way that a member/visitor to the Club wouldn't even know an event was on! With a large sliding door dividing the Club, the room has it's own entrance, amenities, balcony and bar.
As a part of the NSW Architects, the Newcastle Architectural Awards were held on Saturday, 24th March 2018 and the Club received a high commendation for it's design. We couldn't be more proud. The design of the Club is incredibly functional, has a relaxed feel and they have picked up the natural colours of our surroundings. It is a credit to all of those involved.
For more information please go to: https://architectureau.com/articles/2018-newcastle-architecture-awards-winners-revealed/