Exciting news for all our Golfers.
The Match Committee and Board have agreed to competition golf starting again next Tuesday 21st April under the following Rules and Conditions.
- Social Distancing is still mandatory everywhere.
- C1 will be our Medley comp course, costing $20, Tuesday to Sunday. Mondays would be for the Vets and Social play only.
- C1 would become a 9 Hole Comp (for $10) course immediately after the last 18 Hole pair until 2:30pm, but this comp will happen on Wednesdays and Saturdays only and subject to demand.
- C2 and C3 would be for Social Golf only on every day bar Monday. Unfortunately this is a lower priority than players wanting to play 18 holes. The Pro Shop may be able to fit in other Social Golf depending on demand.
- Playing members only or one playing member with one guest visitor only are allowed, no unaccompanied pairs of visitors in order that responsible social behaviour can be maintained. All visitors must produce their Golflink card in the Pro Shop.
- We will modify the Rules and Conditions yet again for all players but the main points are as follows.
- Bunkers will not be GUR any more as the green staff are now fully employed. There will be no rakes to repair the sand but use your own club or foot as best you can to smooth it after your shot. Free relief can be taken inside the bunker by placing the ball not dropping it and another option is taking relief outside the bunker under Rule 16.1c for a 1 shot penalty.
- No NTPs.
- Players will be given their playing partner’s comp card in the Pro Shop and must sign it. Never exchange cards but verbally agree all scores before placing all completed cards in the basket inside the Pro Shop lobby.
- A staff member wearing appropriate PPE will enter all comp scores upstairs on one of the existing scanners. All cards MUST have the total score filled in. Cards without this will be disqualified. Our Local Rule 13 will be strictly applied as no discussion will be possible. If the written total score does not match the scanned score then the lower Stableford score will count. This removes the need for any Match Desk person to risk infection by handling cards.
- Each day’s Prize Report will be published on-line and scores sent to Golf Link as usual. This applies to both the 18 hole and the 9 hole comps, if any.
- Prize reports (including voucher values if possible) will be read by the Pro Shop and all prizes including balls will be in the form of credits to players’ Pro Shop accounts only.
- Until further notice all C1 comps will be Stableford. Matchplay is only permitted by arrangement with the Pro Shop.
- This can only take effect from Tuesday April 21st because of existing prior bookings.